Time to Wake Up!

Kalli has been sleeping with us on the bed these past 3 nights. She used to sleep in her own crib, but ever since she started turning on her tummy I didn't feel it safe to let her sleep there anymore. I was afraid she might turn and I might not wake up. So now she's sandwiched between me and Leo on the bed. With her sleeping so close, I feel like hugging and squeezing her all the time! Nakakagigil baby ko! :)

Last sunday, Kalli slept at 8pm. By 12 midnight, when Leo and I were about to sleep, she woke up and wanted to play. Leo and I immediately pretended to be sleeping. Quite frankly, we were so tired then that we just wanted to rest. Kalli then turned to me and looked straight in my eyes (of course mine were squinted, pretending to be closed). She waited for me to look at her and, I guess realizing that I was asleep, started pinching my cheeks! Hahaha, I wanted to laugh so hard! I opened my eyes a few times and she would give me a big smile everytime I do - as if saying "There you are mommy!" When I close my eyes, she'd go back to pinching my cheeks again :) Sometimes she would turn to her daddy and do the same, except instead of pinching his cheeks, she pats and kicks his arm (since that was the only part she could reach,hehehe).

After a few cycles of waking her daddy and mommy, she went back to sleep herself. Like they say, if you can't beat them, join them, right? ;)

0 Responses